Tuesday 24 April 2012

New Things

Last weekend it was goodbye to our spare room and hello to a new room for Elis. Isobel is gradually learning not to move items from his room to hers.....(with the exception of a few, the fact many of the toys were originally hers have passed her by). I managed to get the sewing machine working again and after a few false starts made some curtains more suitable for a little boys room - thanks to Helen for the Designer Guild Express Train fabric!



I found some vintage looking aeroplane fabric (never thought I would be excited over boy things) and whipped up this cushion in no time at all. I bought the cushion pads during my last maternity leave thinking I would make up some new cushions - 2.5 years later....


And I have finally started to learn how to crochet  having signed up to a class at the local yarn shop. Escaped bedtime for the first time in over six months and really enjoyed learning something new. The end result is suppose to be a purse which we will complete this week....I know I have lost and gained a stitch or two, but am still pleased to have done it. And Miss Isobel has put in an order for a purse of her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment