Saturday 13 June 2009

Knitted Socks


After a number of false start (with both socks - easily distracted!), I have finally finished my first pair of socks using the magic loop method which is great - thanks to Helen for inspiring me and getting me on track with the first one. The magic loop method is pretty easy once you get the hang of it so I would like to try and use it more instead of the traditional needles. The wool is the German make, Regia, but designed by Kaffe Fassett. I used to think his tapestries were amazing when I was alot younger and remember being taken to the V&A to see them when we were on a visit to the U.K.

So what am I going to do with the socks? Initially I thought about them for my brother James, but wasn't sure if he would be receptive (maybe- it is cold up north?). Instead I have decided to keep them as a reminder of my first knitted pair. James can always let me know if he would like a pair (perhaps with less vibrant colours).

2 comments:

James said...

I've always liked bright socks! I know for a fact that Kaye would consider them total luxury! James.

Anonymous said...

Yaaay. They are gorgeous! (just catching up on your blog. can you tell its been awhile!)

Post a Comment