Friday 22 February 2013

A little knitting

I am not really one for lace knitting - too much concentration and correctness needed. However, I did enjoy knitting the Cataleya Hat designed by my clever friend Helen. How she dreams up the designs and puts them into a pattern is beyond me! I used this gorgeous dyed yarn in 'Granatapfel' from Rohrspatz & Wollmeise which I picked up from a knitting show a couple of years ago. 100g but have made 2 hats and still have about half left. I wonder if I should have made a few more rounds on this hat to make it more slouchy on my head which seems to be on the larger size....if there was a next time I may not block it as the yarn seems to have lost it's 'spring'.


Isobel voiced a concern recently as I haven't knitted anything for her recently. I did comment my last creation has hardly had any wear.....suddenly she is squeezing into it and asking if I could make her a cardigan. So with a search on Ravelry and comparing patterns, Isobel chose this one and after a trip to the local yarn shop, I am on a mission.  I've already been asked it is finished yet - ha! - on size 3 needles - it's going to take me a while. I didn't choose size 5-6 without good reason!




No comments:

Post a Comment